Sunday, April 09, 2006

April 9th, 2006.


4.17pm

Recently, I went for an audition. The crew from the Project Pilot film which I was involved in, called me up and told me that there is a production house which found me very suitable for a role which they are casting in an upcoming new production. Was thinking that I could not get the role as I had no news of it ever since the audition. Out of the blue, last night, the producer of the production SMSed me. He said the director wants to meet me. Today the director, Nicholas called me. He told me I got the role! *grins* So happy! Once I got off the phone, I immediately told my parents. But my parents gave me an indifferent attitude. *sad* My mummy told me what all I need to do now is to get my diploma. Everything else I do now is useless and for nuts. As least this is what I interpret from her words. *sad* Is the piece of paper so important? I mean I know it is important if I am looking for an office job. But I am not. I do not even mind doing odd jobs for life. That is how I am. That is something which I really do not like about Singapore's education system and society. One wrong step and you are struggling for life. Can someone please do a survey and find out the what Singapore kids want? I know compare to other countries surrounding us, we are very well off. But I think it is a trade off. Sometimes I think I am a farmer, a wanderer at heart. Sometimes I really wish to let go of everything and just go travel the world. See for my eyes first how the world is like. My parents could not be more supportive? On Chn U now, there is a repeat telecast of the Campus Superstar. I am wondering if the one on the stage is me, how will my parents be like? Supportive? Indifferent? Nothing matter more than the piece of paper? Maybe I will be like that to my children in the future? *wonders*

9.12pm

Wish to highlight a newspaper article. Sunday Times' Lifestyle. Page 4. It is able nowadays Singapore's Alpha Females. I think some of the people whom I know should read it up. Either those deal with them or some who wish to become them.

Anyway going to school already. Can feel the hype coming up on me! Thought this would be my last FOC. Alas, how wrong I am. *grins* Anyway I will cherish all the memories. *smiles* Take care Singapore! I will! Need to go and pack my bag now. *winks* Front side of my Spydra's tee!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bro~

Trust me, its just a piece of paper, pour water on it if you dont believe me.

I had this problem when entering poly also, choosing between THE paper or MY dream. I had a R4 that can bring me into a jc, which is my fathers dream. But i chose Design School, without any art foundation(my parents all too poor to send me to drawing classes), i still chose MY dream.

I guess life is somewhat fated, if not how i meet such a great friend and FA like you.

See you in TPSU next year, i will join this big family, cause its part of MY dream also...

Wen.