Friday, March 17, 2006

March 13th to 17th, 2006.


March 14th, 2006.

12.05am

Arrived Hong Kong at about 10am in the morning. And what a lucky day! Just today, the temperature falls to around 12 degrees. The first thing we went to do was to buy some sweaters and jackets. I brought mine along, so I was the one not doing the shopping.

Staying at the Empire Hotel Kowloon. It is in Hong Kong's Tsim Sha Tsui area. The surroundings are very bustling with life. Everything is very packed and people are about, doing there own stuff. Today we covered the whole area and even took the MTR to Central District, which is located on Hong Kong Island (Yes, all along I was in Kowloon. And yes, they are separated by the sea). The first thing that came to my mind was that of Shenton Way back home. The skyscrapers are really huge! Actually all the buildings in Hong Kong are very tall and big. Maybe because of the huge population. Anyway the reason we went to Hong Kong Island was to go The Peak! And oh yes! The view was breath-taking. Too bad it rained. We could not stay longer as the cold was almost unbearable to stay outdoors. And of course the Peak Tram trip to and fro was an one-in-a-lifetime kind of experience. It was so steep that I thought I was going to slide all the way down! It is an almost 45 degrees slope! And there is a Hard Rock Cafe at The Peak as well!

And since off the plane, I was looking for Curry Fish Egg (This is a direct translation). All of us could not see it anywhere. Although we saw some stalls with signs of it, but they do not look very good. I will be having my morning call at 6.45am, which is about... 6 hours from now. My little brother has already gone and most probably dreaming of all the pretty Hong Kong girls. *grins* I guess I better get some rest too. We will be having a long day ahead. Starting with dim sum breakfast! "Haha!" And I hope I can get to see the "A Symphony of Light", which is rated by the Guinness World record as the "World Largest Permanent Light and Sound Show." One of the best view that one can get is from the "Avenue of Stars", which is another must-go. "Argh!" So many places to go, and so little time. And so the search for the Curry Fish Egg continues...

March 15th, 2006.

12.40am

Now in my parents' room. My dad has been shooed off to my room to sleep with my brother. So today the two of them will be performing a symphony, mainly by the sound call, snore. *grins* My mummy is a very light sleeper.

Today we went to have dim sum for breakfast. It is as the HK movies, the old people covered the whole restaurant. It was ok, not really fantastic. Carried on to have a half-day city tour, which is to say, visit some factories and manufacturing firms. *Bored* We had a very traditional lunch of "pun choi". It is a BIG basin, full of mixed food.

Finally got to the Hong Kong Ocean Park. It was kinda of ok, if not for the number of China people. They are so uncultured. I was trying to take some photos, but they are so... "Argh". Both the Shark Aquarium & Atoll Reef (Aquarium) was amazing. The information and displays are fantastic. But if one do not know, they would have thought there was going to some World Business Meeting or something, with all the coats, typical dressing and noise created by the mainland people around. There must be more mainland people than the nat...

March 16th, 2006.

12.55am

I end the last entry such a way is because I had dozed off. *grins* I was trying to say that there must be more mainland people than the native Hong Kongers.

It is the same case when we went to DisneyLand Hong Kong. Although today's amount of mainland people are not as frightening as yesterday's. We started the day early, at about 7.30am. We went for breakfast and took the MTR (Hong Kong's version of our MRT) to DisneyLand. We planned to dedicate the whole day for it! It was amazing! It was our first experience with DisneyLand. The whole place, although not as big as I thought, was... magical! "Haha!" Even the train looks nice. It had Mickey windows, Mickey hand holds, statutes of Disney characters, cushion seats and... I am not going to tell all of you people out there how it is like. Cause it is worth the while to go and visit it yourself. No matter your age, relive the child in you for just a day. I would like to visit all the DisneyLand. Go world wide. "Haha!"

Went Temple Street just now. Not very happening. Compared to Ladies Street, which we went yesterday night, it is quite boring. We spent around HK$1000 just in Ladies Street. We brought tones of stuff! Quite happy. *grins*

Actually, I found Hong Kong a place which is very similar to Singapore. There are lots of things which are the same, yet different. Construction works can be seen anywhere. Yet there are lots of buildings that need to be renovated of demolished. I think Hong Kong will be changed in 10 to 20 years' time.

*Yawns* Getting very sleepy. Do not want to doze off. So I think I better end here, while I am still awake. I will be going back to Singapore in a few hours' time.

March 17th, 2006.

2.04am

Finally I am back, Singapore! To all you people out there, I miss all of you. But thinking back, I kind of miss Hong Kong too. It was really fun and refreshing. I really should go back there soon. Anyone who wish to go with me?! *wonders*grins*

Reality check. Back to the present. Now, there are lots of things to be done and to catch up with. *Yawns* Tomorrow going to the Queen E.'s event. Got to go and iron clothes now. Just now went through 44 emails and unpack the stuff. *tired* So see you soon, Singapore. In about 5 hours' time. Good Night! And enjoy the picture I took when I was at The Peak!

No comments: