Tuesday, May 16, 2006

May 15th, 2006.


SIP Day 13:

3.25pm

Do not know the reason. Suddenly felt a sense of profound sadness. Doing my D&D project report in the office. A lot of work stuck. Listening to "emo" music again. Brought back a lot of memories. Maybe this is why I am feeling this way. BR completed filming yesterday. For my part, there are still quite a number of voice overs I need to do. But the bulk of the filming is done. Ready for editing. Everyone of the cast and crew hope this will be something big. *fingers crossed* Looking through photos and look at my schedule. I am wondering if everything will move faster and faster, until there will not be time to even look at the photos. What will happen? Everyday there are things happening. Everyday I have something to do. Or at least something new to do. I guess this is really the thing. The thing of growing up. As you grow older, everything double, triple and so on so fro. It is a race to be faster and better than everyone else. To get out of the rat race. Sitting in a CC office, I can feel the bliss of working in an environment like that. But I guess I like it otherwise. I cannot take it to be in the rat race forever. That is why I am doing so many things now. At my age, who can have a total of 1000 phone numbers in their handphones. And they are not like friends numbers. They are like numbers of people and companies that can be an opportunity. Let me quote an example, in the filming industry, out of a cohort of about 180 students who graduates, only 20 works in the corporate world and out of the 20, only 1 will make it. Ironic right? Where do the other 160 people go to? You will be surprise how many people work in places that they are not working in the field that they want to, or even studied in. As I get to know more people, greater is my understanding. This actually fueled my desire to get out of the rat race and do what I want, do what I like. But for now, all this make me feel very old, or at least weary, wore out. Too weary for my age...

4.39pm

Hadijah asked me how come I want to do things "big big". Something came across my mind. An analogy. "If you throw a small stone, the ripple will only be this small. But if you use a big rock instead, the ripple will be very much bigger." True?

7.05pm

Just finish my D&D project report. I bet it heard been a long time since any of you heard about D&D in my blog right? *grins* There are some problems with finances. But no worries. Nothing that my main committee cannot sort out. Just finished the version 1. Definitely need refinement. Kyle asked me for pictures of D&D, saying it is for SU, for CCA Awards. *Scratch head* Anyway, will need it for myself anyway. Meeting Jo tomorrow to get them. I haven seen my parents for a long long time. Around 3 weeks. When I am home, they are asleep. When I am awake, they will either be still asleep or went out for work already. *sads* Never mind. I am meeting them for dinner later! Belated Mothers' Day! *grins*

11.59pm

Had a very nice dinner. *grins* Going to have some much needed rest. Good Night Singapore!

No comments: