Saturday, June 10, 2006

June 9th, 2006.


SIP Day 32:

4.05pm

At work. So happy and excited today! Please check out The Straits Times's LIFE! BR is on the frontpage and page 2! Although it is a small article, but it has already went beyond what I thought possible. When I was called to go for the audition, I thought it will be like a small budget short film. But now it had gone that! From the orginal idea until what we have now. During the production period, I had thoughts of this film going bigger but they were just thoughts. From the start, I believe the whole production was base on the passion for doing what each of us love. I went in with the idea of not receive a single cent, and I still do not. *grins* I am serious. Because I love what I am doing. So my friends, I will be very grateful if you all support this production. *grins*

Recently, in the mist of all these excitment, there are quite a few people who asked me the same question, "Will you be running for students' leader elections?" As always, my answer still is, "I do not know." Everyone said even if I said I do not know now, I will definitely run. I think I can list out my reasons for why I am still hesitating, at least for people who read my blog. I remember an entry which I wrote that, once someone become concern about defines as a good blog entry or bad blog entry, their life is not true anymore.

For the past year in SU, I focused a lot on my TP life and happenings and chose to let go some chances. Now I have much more chances. My YEC complains that I am under-performing. I ached to go back to NCC. I missed a lot of chance to work, which Ah Boi scolded me a lot of times for it. My friends, even those in TP, complained that I always not there for them. And some do not even look for me as often anymore. And do you know how long has it been since the last time I saw my Ah Ma? Quite sad about it. Ah Boi told me that, for the past year, he had seen that almost I choose this path, but I am not happy. It is true... But once again, it is my passion and love for TP. For this coming term, the cause for my hesitation are all that are listed above. And more. For YEC, my chairman said if I perform to what he expected of me, he will nominate me for trips with I want to go. Trips such as, NYAA EArthWatch, NYAA Exchanges, NIPPON MARU etc. *grins* And he is a guy with the means to do so. For NCC, I have not been active for almost a year. My CM does not encourage it. He rejected all my LOA applications for NCC. I know he is looking after my studies. I am grateful of it. But because of this, I missed quite a few overseas trips, to places like New Zealand, India, USA, Taiwan, Burnei, Australia etc. I did not even bother to apply to go for some of the places. The outcome was obvious. Now as I am only having one subject next semester and the trips are coming up again, from this year end to the mid of the coming year. My DC ask my just apply. So I am assuming he will recommend me. A lot of other newer batch CLTs had went already. Kyle also wants me to follow him to China this coming semester. People are offering my jobs now. But alas, I am still schooling and I still need to go for National Service. Ah Boi is facing similar situation. Both of us are facing opportunities but... we just cannot make ourself let go. *silly laugh*

So... Basically, it is about performing in other areas, getting up to others expectation of me, going for profiling trips which will be great additions to my CV and portfolio and having more time for family and friends... or... spend my time and energy for SU, either for better or for worse. For many, I believe it will be a very clear decision. But sorry. I am a weird fellow. *grins*

These few days while we talk, Ah Boi and I both agree that the choice of continuing in our way of life, course of work, plans, lies in when we are in NS. Like it or not, everything will be starting afresh. All your current friends, current contacts, everything, will be wipe clean... True?

11.59pm

Had my second nose bleed of the month. Already. Not even passed the mid-month period. Damm. Think I am die-ing. *grins*

Went to support Shaddon at Esplande for his new musical, The New Wave: City of the Gods. Other musical which was Vanity, Victorious, Virtue, Vanquished. Let me tell you! I am damm impressed. Everyone was damm good! Singapore Idol is nothing man. Compared to every single one of the performers, Chinese have a saying, "Smell no smoke". *grins* I am a fan of Shaddon. Since the day I had known him, he never ceased to amaze me. From today's performance, I can see that he had improve tremendously. Congrats!

After the play, as we are walking home, I realised I had my camera with me. Took it out and play around with the settings, and snapped! *grins* Took a few pictures. And I like some of them! Really cool!

Going work at Funan tomorrow for Christina. Afterwards, going to help out to hype the crowd. Hope I can do it! *grins*

By the way, to all, I am currently writing my 21st birthday's wish list. It is not going to look pretty. *grins* But if anyone can buy the items on it, I will consider some kind of repayment! *fingers crossed*

And BR is featured on today's LIFE!. Frontpage and page 2. Although it is small, but I like it!

Picture of the Day: One of the picture I took while I was random snapping! Hope you all like it. Please give some comments! Good Night Singapore!

No comments: