Saturday, February 25, 2006

February 24th, 2006.


1.10am

Watching "White Chicks". Heard it is a very funny movie. Hope it does not disappoint me.

2.50am

*yawn* Going to sleep. The movie is very nice! "Triple T, K, A!" "The Time To Kick Ass!" "Haha!" Gd Night Singapore!

12.51pm

Ah Boi called. His great grandmother just pass away. *sigh* Life is so fragile. Recently there are so much news over our Ex-DPM Rajaratnam. I do not really know him. But from the reports and comments made by the people who know him, I think he was a great man. As a founding father of Singapore, he was also the architect the today's independent Singapore. Little did I know that, our pledge was written by him. That is the very idea of what he wish Singapore to be. I would like very much to know this great man.

I think death is just another part of life's stage. That is when one hands in his/her final report. Some of the great civilizations like the Egyptian and Chinese. Both the of these great civilizations believes in the life after death. Egyptian built the Great Pyramids and chinese burn incense and built the Terra Cotta Warriors and Horses. All these great works are evidence of how strong the belief of life after death.

Infomation on Mr Rajaratnam:
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/obituary/rajaratnam/life.htm

Information on the Great Pyramid:
http://ce.eng.usf.edu/pharos/wonders/pyramid.html

Information on Terra Cotta Warriors and Horses:
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/attraction/shaanxi/xian/terra_cotta_army/

2.41pm

Got a call from Celine, saying Students' Union is suppose to send 10 representatives to the Ex DPM Rajaratnam. I am definitely going. To show my respect for this great man. What are the chances? Just 2 hours ago I was writing about him and now I get to go for his state funeral.

2.47pm

What is wrong with weird weird people and singing? For my case, they almost always goes together! Yesterday, while jogging at Bedok Reservoir, there was this chinese guy who was walking and when I jogged past, he was singing "One Night in Bejiing". I simply RAN. *jaw dropped* Currently eating at Mensa 2 (One of TP nicer canteens), these 2 guys and 1 rather cute girl walk in. One of the guy start singing in front of Salad Bar (One of the nicer western food stall)! And I am just behind him! *Argh* I am in the middle of a meal... What worries me is that the girl does not seem to mind. *roll eyes* And she is quite cute. I should just carry on eating. Although he is still singing...

3.07pm

Leaving Mensa 2, and he is still singing... *roll eyes*dazed*

3.33pm

Sitting at BizPark (One of the most populated canteens in TP), continue writing resume and looking for people to go for the state funeral tomorrow.
*wonders*scratch head* What is left after one's death are he/she achieved or not.

For Ah Boi's case, his great grandmother is the matriarch of a family of five generations. Although not a public figure, her article occupy half a page in the Straits Times' obituary.

To relate to the late Mr Rajaratnam, for a guy at the age of the 90 and with his achievements, a nation mourns for him.

Terence came. Now going to find Ah Guang and Andrew at Astro Turf. Have not start doing resume...

11.55pm

Home. Just had fun and laughter with some of my fellow ExCos (Terence, Victor and Yao Ming (See the picture!)) at the Bedok Interchange hawker centre. Talk over recent happenings, future happenings, NYP Tammy!, and lots of other stuff. "Haha!" And Victor ate hell of a lot! Mutton soup, Hokkein mee, Fried kway teow, Tung yuan and a cup of sugar cane! *jaw dropped* Sat there for 3 hours. "Cool man."

Tomorrow I am going for a great man's funeral. Formal wear. Going to hot, but it is just 5 hours and he is 90 years of age. And damm, my march and april schedule is filling up! "Argh!"

Will write more about tommorrow's funeral. See ya Singapore.

No comments: