Friday, March 23, 2012

View From The Top

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/View_from_the_Top
View from the Top is a 2003 romantic comedy film about a young woman from a small town who sets out to fulfill her dream of becoming a flight attendant. The film was directed by Bruno Barreto, and stars Gwyneth Paltrow, Christina Applegate, and Mark Ruffalo.

A movie that I came across when I was in Mumbai. At first I was interested because it was a film about being a flight attendant. As the movie play out, I laugh as I was about to relate to how close the things were like, from the dreams, interview, training, days as a flying crew, life in out station. Slowly and surely, I felt a connection. I realized how similar it was like. Had a lot of thoughts.

Came back to Singapore and decided to watch the movie again. This time I realized more things. There were a lot of lines that struck a chord with me. Donna Jensen felt that no one can tell her that she has or has not seen enough. Even though she knows that Ted loves her and she him. Of course end of the day, as most of the romantic comedies go, both the leads went back together. But the fact is, can real life be the same? And end of the movie, she was not doing what she set out to do, it was different. She was back in Cleveland, her "big waiting room".

The point is she went ahead to do what she wanted to do or get done. If she had not gone ahead to do it, there will also be the regret right? It is not that it is not worth the fight. Just not yet.

Anyway, I think I still cannot fully express myself. Just watch the movie. Haas.

Nights Singapore.

No comments: