Sunday, March 01, 2009

A New Beginning

March 1st, 2009

This is the first post of the year 2009 for me. And as a lot of people had commented, I have to come and clean up the cobwebs here. Ya. The cobwebs rivals even the Great Shelob's Lair from LOTR. Now you know how Frodo got stuck ya? :p

Anyway, its been a long time. Been busy with my new job. Now a SAF Regular. An officer in the Singapore Armed Forces. A Platoon Commander in 1st Singapore Battalion Guards. Just came back from a family trip to Hokkaido and Shanghai for a White Christmas (See previous post). Most recent trip would be the Brunei training trip with my men. So proud of them. Could not had ask for a better group of soldiers. Going for Taiwan soon. My last leg of the race with them. Going to hand over soon. Although it is still around 2 plus month away, I am already feeling quite miserable. Just thinking of leaving put sorrow in my heart. Seen my boys turning into men. The way they went from whinny little chaps of barely 18years to strong and mature team of troopers.

Been thinking. Realised that I had given too much of my time to others instead of to people who matters and most importantly myself. As a late new year resolution, I will give more of my time to my family (go and rock climb with my brother, run with my dad etc.) , close friends ( meet up with them more, play magic, foos more), work, and time to learn my skills. I had thought of a "to-buy-list", a "to-read-list" and a "to-learn-list". :)

For now, just to share some of the "to-learn-list" (The others are a story for another time :p)

1) Class 3 license
2) Cless 2B license
3) An Instrument - Piano / Saxophone
4) Japanese
5) French
6) Better my foos skills
6) Many many more. :p

So ya! Watch out world! :)

No comments: